At the core of our mission is a deep commitment to independence. Our mission is to provide a balanced and challenging education that ignites in our students a passion for discovery and learning, prepares them to succeed in college, and inspires them to lead lives of integrity, purpose, and responsible global citizenship.
In pursuing our mission, we are guided by these principles:
- The diversity of a school is essential to the quality of education that it provides.
- In a small school students are better able to form close relationships with teachers that will give them a stronger sense of belonging, self-confidence, and responsibility.
- There is an art in masterful teaching, which requires resources, mentorship, and recognition.
- A well-balanced curriculum empowers students:
- To think ethically, critically, and creatively about global issues and their local manifestations;
- To see connections among the humanities, sciences, and mathematics as integrative disciplines in the search for knowledge, meaning, and beauty;
- To build coherent, compelling, and innovative arguments;
- To establish their voice in the world by writing and speaking well and expressing themselves creatively; - To work independently and collaboratively.